Thursday, July 11, 2013

The past few weeks...

So there is much to say, but I don't say much.  At least, I try not to ramble.  My husband would probably disagree with that statement!  Oh well.  Here's an update anyway.

First of all, Ezekiel is doing fabulous with the helmet.  He's totally used to it and rubs his head with curiosity when it's off.  Like he knows something is different.  His hair is still mega long but once he's done with the helmet, he's getting a hair cut.  Which will be soon.  If you remember, the doctor told us he would have to wear it for 3 or 4 months.  Well, at his 1 month check up, his head had already surpassed the assumed shape.  The doctor was blown away at his improvement and said that his measurement numbers were some of the best he's ever seen.  He also said that we could have stopped then but since my baby isn't quite sitting up on his own, and on his back a lot still, we didn't want to take any chances and so he'll be in it for another month, 2 in total.  He's got just about a week and a half left.  I couldn't be happier about it.  Good job my soft-headed baby!  You're looking normal!  Some stats, at 6 months he weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz, a month later and he's another pound heavier!  He weighed in a little under the norm at his 4 month check up so in his 5th month we started supplementing with formula and also started him on baby foods and cereal.  He loves to eat and always cries when the food runs out.  So, breastfeeding is more enjoyable for me because I don't do it as much!  It's also nice because now John can get up at night to feed him too and we take turns.  I love getting more sleep!!!  I have a feeling I'll dry up soon, it seems I am making less and less.  But it's ok.  I'm perfectly fine with that!

Other news.... work.  I am still with Fantastic Sams, but not at the same location.  I transferred salons (same owner).  Things were just not to my liking at my old store.  It's just too hard having such a newly experienced girl be my boss after being the boss for 5 years and working at the same location for 7.  Too many changes and I just didn't feel appreciated or welcomed back by anyone.  So I'm at a new location now and things are going really well!  New group of girls and they are all great!  I think most of my clients have been informed and have followed me.  I also started a separate facebook page called, Jade's Hair Spot.  So when I do quit, the real loyal oes will still be able to contact me.  I don't think I'll work much longer because...

John got a nursing job!  He was hired at the same place he was a CNA at.  He works 12-hour shifts and random days.  So if my work schedule can work around his, then I'll stick around for longer.  So, I guess we'll see.  So proud of my husband!!!

One more quck note, we went to see my folks in Arizona for the 4th of July.  EZ did great in the car but not so great at the town rodeo.  He doesn't like loud noises and it was just one long loud noise!  Anyway, it was so great to see them, as well as my brother and his family and also my sister and her husband.  I love getting together but I hate saying goodbye.

John and I keep thinking we want to get out of Utah soon... but we've probably still got another year or so.  John is going to continue his education here then perhaps go on further somewhere else.  It is just hard trying to decide where!  But hey, we're all happy and healthy, so life is good!

0 comments: