Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Golden

So this year was supposed to be special because it was my GOLDEN BIRTHDAY.  For those new to the phrase, I turned 29 on the 29th, of July.  As a kid I remember thinking I was going to have to wait so long before I got to have my golden birthday.  29 was sooooo old too.  But came it did and I still feel young!  ...well, most of the time.  Anyway, we didn't get to do much.  I ran a few errands in the morning and ate whatever sounded good.  (which means eating very poorly and not healthy at all for the day)  Thankfully John is working hard as a nurse and making ends meet for our family.  The hardest part is he typically works knock shifts, 6pm-6am.  It's pretty awful as far as ever wanting to see each other goes...  So, he worked the night before and slept til about 2:30 on the day of my birthday.  We took EZ over to his Grandma's and then John and I went to see the new superman movie, Man of Steel.  We rarely get to see movies anymore because of the wonderful blessing that is our son...  and I'm a superhero lover so this was the only thing I chose to do that really mattered to me.  The movie didn't disappoint!  I hear they plan to make another and this time, Bruce Wayne will be in it too.  YAY!  Okay, so after the movie we spent a little time with John's family playing at the nickel arcade and eating ice cream.  So, it was a good day, but not that 'special' of a day.  I guess I had my hopes up, being my GOLDEN birthday and all.  But I guess that as you get older, getting older really isn't much of a celebration.  Plus next year I'll be 30 and I told John that I want a cruise.  So, there's that!  That will be a much more exciting blog post.  I did make myself some yummy cookies though and ate so many I got a stomach ache.  It was a satisfied-ill sort of feeling. Don't they look delicious?

1 comments:

shumfam said...

Yum....she loves those sugar cookies! Good job.