Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ezekiel's 1st Birthday

Can you believe it?  I sure as heck can't!  I'm so amazed at how fast time goes and how quickly a baby grows.  He'll be my age before I know it!  Ok, so most people do huge parties and have the whole cake-smash  for the first birthday.  John is one of these people however, I am not.  And here's why, for one thing, EZ usually cries around groups of people.  Plus he hates loud noises.  So, a bunch of people around him cheering and taking pictures sounds pretty traumatizing.  Plus it's winter so we would have to do it indoors and our place is too small to have a bunch of people come to and to ask someone else to let us make a big gross mess in their home just didn't sound right to me either.  After some disagreements and a lot of compromise, we decided on a cupcake instead of an actual cake and a family get together in celebration of EZ's first birthday instead of a birthday party.  Ok that doesn't sound much different but in my head it did.  This next part is going to sound worse because we asked to do it at Grandma and Grandpa's house and Grandpa has been dealing with some bronchitis and Grandma recently had a total knee replacement.  But they seemed more than alright with having the "party" at their place.  So, here's how it went down.  The day started out like normal, eating breakfast and throwing a fit when it ended....

I made a bunch of cupcakes and 2 cheesecakes to take to the birthday party and they were a big hit!  We had quite a bit of John's family come too.  We were so grateful for the company and EZ did really well.  He didn't cry much and he didn't make a big mess either.  Everything turned out great!  Thanks to those that came and thanks to those that helped!



Here's Ezekiel's cousin's baby.  Does that mean second cousin?
I don't know... 6 months apart.  Can you tell who's older?

John wanted to show 
  off EZ's cute big booty...



My parents gave EZ this freaking adorable tuxedo onesie.  It was the star of the night!


Presents!

             
The Cake Smash!!! ....well sorta


He's looking up at the ceiling fan here. He loves fans! 

Happy Birthday my son!  You make the sweetest sounds and have the funnest expressions.  I love watching you grow and learn.  You are so handsome and I just love you more than anything else in this world! 

1 comments:

shumfam said...

Wonderful post! Happy Birthday you lucky little guy -- you have wonderful parents and your grandparents love and miss you!