Monday, August 6, 2018

Arizona Bound

So hard to say goodbye.  We spent as much time as we could, our last few days, with family and friends.  EZ also finished pre-school!  The other two boys in the picture are Jake and Andy.  Jake is EZ's very best friend.  He had a really hard time leaving his buddy behind. 
The long drive ahead.  About 9 hours in the car.  John drove our moving truck towing his car and I drove the kids in our van.  We were packed full!  Our truck wasn't quite big enough and we had to leave a few minor things behind.  We were grateful to get done at a decent time and to have John's parents watch our boys while we packed up the truck and got the house cleaned.  The boys took turns sleeping and we went through about 5 movies. We made great time and rolled in around dinner time.  The kids were so happy to get out and play, that they got pretty dirty.  We had to wash their feet before bedtime. 


John had to get his fingerprints done for his Nursing license and I got mine done too.  The only place to do it was at the jail.  Here are EZ and I posing outside of it.  Haha!  I got so see some inmates and walked passed a few men who were just arriving.  I heard the security guy yell at them, "quit lookin at that woman like you've never seen one before!"  It was hilarious!  
Just a few more shots of us enjoying having a nice big yard!  Fun at home, and at a town fair! 






Father's Day!  I don't know how long it has been since I got to spend Father's Day with my Dad.  I'm so glad I got to! He had never shared the day with a fellow father either (so he says).  It was special and fun celebrating these great men!  The kids loved wearing the bows too!


Park fun!  The Bruce pictures with the little flower are just captured moments. He finds them in the grass, picks them, then brings them to me as a special gift.  He thinks I need them because I'm a girl and he likes to do something nice for me.  It's so sweet.  I eat it up!

We sure miss Utah.  We miss our friends.  We miss big-town conveniences.  But we are growing to like it here.  Making friends.  Having more space and a yard!  There is good and bad anywhere you go.  It's just your attitude that let's you either enjoy it, or sulk.  I'd rather enjoy it so we're making the most of it! 


0 comments: