Sunday, April 12, 2020

Starting up 2020 ya'll

Okay so I don't know where the title for this post is going but let's roll with it!  We spent New Years at our neighbors.  They totally went all out with decorations and making the entrance a 'speak easy' as well as making the theme the "20s" and it was a total blast!  John and I didn't have any flapper type clothing so we tried to go 1920's gangster.  I borrowed this hat from my 7 year old son and put some feathers on the side.  I think we looked pretty good!  We had so many yummy snacks and drinks and candy cigarettes and silly fun!  We almost made it to midnight, but I was just so tired!  We partied til about 11:15 then went home.  Thankfully we got to just walk across the street so it wasn't long before we were in bed!  I can't remember the last time I made it til midnight.  


 
 
One of our Christmas presents was a giant 2,000 piece STAR WARS puzzle.  It took a whole week to complete and annoyingly enough there were 3 pieces missing!  It's so disappointing to put so much time and effort into something and it doesn't quite pay off.  Still pretty awesome though!

Silly kids.  EZ got some dipping sauce on his nose and didn't know it, ha ha!  Bruce can't seem to NOT pose in one way or another for pictures.  I love the next one of EZ scratching Bruce's back while they laid on the couch together.  It is just so sweet to see them be friends.  I also love this picture of Bruce where he can't help but look at the camera.  He asked me to draw an "X" on his face but then he couldn't see it.  I told him I'd take a picture and then show it to him but he didn't quite understand to keep his head turned.  The other picture of them at the store is of what they bought with their birthday money from Grandpa and Grandma.  They were SO excited!  The last picture is a reminder of a video I took of Bruce saying "that tickles (tick-o's)" over and over with that cute little voice.  He asks to be tickled then has to tell me over and over that it does in fact tickle!  I love it.
 
 
 
Bruce kept giving me kisses.  He'd wrap his arms around my neck then give me kisses on my cheek over and over.  The other picture is from his preschool.  I love his face so freaking much!  He loves preschool and carpooling with the neighbor boy.  I also signed up both boys for Karate.  They were in a tumbling class that got cancelled for a time so we found another way to keep busy.  Again, I love Bruce's expressions!  I don't have any of EZ but he has really enjoyed it!  The other two are just my little dude being a cutie!

 

Does anything entertain kids as much as silly selfies?  Anyway, check out this tree that fell over!  It's right next to a park.  I'm not sure how it happened but it fell and knocked down the fence with it.  It took about a month to get completely removed and cleaned up.  I think there's still some caution tape around the fence.  Pretty wild to see!
 

One particular day we ran some errands and both boys fell asleep in the car.  They get up so early sometimes!  We gotta work on telling the time better.  The doodles are from Bruce.  He draws these guys all the time and he kept adding to it and then giving them weapons as well.  One had a gun and I don't remember what the other one had.. but so awesome to see his little mind create!



Bruce took John's beanie one day and looked like a little hoodlum in it.  Yo!  We went out to eat another time and they had these funky saloon style doors.  Bruce nearly looked trapped inside!  Okay and this last picture is so strange.  My phone had some sort of mix up because the weather was sunny and clear.  But for a few minutes it said there was a Tornado about!   Bruce was pretty concerned.  He'd look out the window every few hours and tell us he saw the tornado and it was coming for us.  It took a few days for him to be convinced that a tornado wasn't actually coming.   Haha!

 


0 comments: