Tuesday, January 12, 2021

A bit more of Easter 2020 and Bruce's black eye

I've fallen far far behind in my blog posts.  It's kind of wild as to why.  I mean, 2020 was a tough year in more ways than anyone thought possible.  Being home as much as I was, I totally thought I was going to get all kinds of things on my to-do list done.  But time came and went, like it always does, and I can't recall any reason why other than laziness and forgetfulness.  So, let's look back at some photos and see if it jogs any memories worth documenting.  

Okay so Easter!  It is always fun to find a reason to eat candy and open presents.  It is also always hard not to spoil the kids... well not too much anyway.  But we did dye some eggs, have a hunt indoors, and well, with everything spinning out of control in April, the boys main gifts showed up a few days late.  They didn't care.  They were so excited to get them!  EZ got a Mario Cappy hat and Bruce got a Mario chain chomp plush.  The bubble photos are hilarious!  Our Bruce makes the craziest faces and poses.  I'm so glad my boys get along so well!  Glad they have each other to keep themselves entertained at this uncertain time...







For weeks we didn't see anyone! Then I got a call from my neighbor asking for haircuts.  I hesitated but agreed.  The kids came and they all played and were thrilled to be able to have friends to play with, no matter how brief.  However, the excitement was maybe a little too high and Bruce was bounced a little too hard on the trampoline and hit his eye on the edge.  They came running in one by one to tell me he was hurt.  I had just started cutting!  Sure enough, the injury was bad.  He had a bit of a black eye for a few days and never wanted to take his band-aid off.  Of course we all told him how cool he looked and how everyone secretly wants a black eye at some point in their life.  Don't think he really cared.  Kids, they bounce back so quickly!  To totally change subjects, the pic of me is to show I finally got around to cutting bangs!  I'm always back and forth when it comes to bangs.  But so far I like them!  The last picture is to show the kids face masks that their Grandma made them.  They were so excited to wear them!  Let's hope that feeling lasts for a while...



 
Not a lot to report but hey it's an update!  I hope my next one doesn't take as long... ta ta for now!

0 comments: