Thursday, May 13, 2021

A month of festivities

 Okay just a little rant first of all.  One of the reasons I don't blog as often is because it seems Blogger has made things harder..  I upload 50 photos and they post in the opposite order, so I have to move them one by one or upload them one by one.  It's frustrating and wastes so much time.  Also, adjusting where the photos go has gotten more complicated as well.  For whatever reason they don't move around like they used to and getting them right where I want them doesn't always work...  

Anyway, picture overload coming up!  December is probably the funnest month of the year for us.. but it is also the most stressful.  With 2 birthdays, 1 anniversary, and Christmas, it is challenging to do everything and make it as special as I can.  Anyway, these first two pictures are of just a normal day in the life of us.  Chilling on the couch!  


Christmas came a bit early, we got a cat!  We'd been thinking about a cat for a while...  but I refuse to train a baby pet anymore.  A co-worker of John's who has many animals, gave us one of her cats.  He's about a year old and grew up with other animals and kids.  So, he's super chill and tolerable, ha!  He's also very large, but so pretty.  He's got more fur then I want to deal with but he keeps himself pretty clean so I guess I can deal with that.  Oh and his name is Gizmo.


Christmas tree waffles are becoming a tradition!

EZ got a few other gifts a bit early.  This little remote control dinosaur that slides around and this giant bunny he got from our neighbor Grandma.  I could pretend he isn't spoiled... but you'd see right through it!


Birthday time!  With coronavirus still risky and scary, we decided an outdoor party was best.  We invited friends to the park.  It was about 40 something degrees and we only lasted about an hour.  Worth it though!


We got the boys a few things, this one being Toothless and the Light Fury from the How to Train Your Dragon movies.  These boys love plush toys and it's hard not to grow the collection!  Also, EZ built a lego set that he got at his birthday party, a pterodactyl.  We also had to make and decorate Christmas sugar cookies, another growing tradition and one of my favorites!  Well, I love to eat them, not so much make them because it just takes too long.



Birthday dinner is easy at this age, pizza and soda all the way!  A few more presents as well.. my favorite are the 8 bit light up swords.  I love how they both close their eyes as the fight, haha!  




EZ is 8 and Bruce 5!  It's wild how quickly time passes.  Here's some fun selfies.





Grandmother sent them some gifts as well.  I think EZ's favorite is a Mario mushroom night light.  It plays some theme music too.  Bruce likes the baby shark bath toy that also sings as it's swimming in the water.  The other photo of EZ in the car... I don't know, he just looked cool!


Christmas Eve pajamas!


Christmas Day!!!  Top gifts were Lego Mario for EZ and a Robe for Bruce.  A robe you ask?  Yes, that is all he asked for.  We all have one and he did not, so he felt left out.  You also already knew that EZ loves Mario and Lego Mario is all he asked for as well.  One of the best parts of Christmas is seeing the joy and excitement on your kid's faces when they open their gifts.  




Christmas breakfast got interesting...  I went to scramble some eggs and the first 3 that I broke were double yoked... I don't know what that means... but it was fun to see.  Okay last picture of EZ with this keyboard.  I really wanted to get him a keyboard because he started piano lessons and has taken off with it.  Keyboards are fun because they play different songs and sounds, they never go out of tune, and some even teach you to play.  A friend of mine was selling hers on a Facebook sale page and I messaged her about it.  She ended up giving it to us for free!  So sweet!  We did have to buy a new chord for it, which was about $15.  To buy something like this new was easily a few hundred dollars.  We feel very lucky and blessed to have it.  


Okay that's it for now!  Yeah I didn't have anything to mention for our Anniversary.  We celebrate 13 years, wow!  I'm always amazed at how much we continue to like each other.  Not that we wouldn't, but those feelings just keep getting stronger, it's strange how they grow greater even though it always feels like it's at its greatest.  I don't know if that makes any sense..  anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Hopefully 2021 is a turn around from the year before.  We need it to be!  

0 comments: