Monday, June 28, 2010

but my lips hurt real bad!

Since about junior high I have not been able to live without my chapstick. (lip balm as john would say) I grew up using this weird stuff that NO ONE else has ever heard of let alone used. It's called Menthol Camphor and its awesome. I have a large tin about 4 ounces and a travel size that I keep in my pants pocket. Well a few months ago I lost my little one! Didn't know how didn't know when. It was awful. I was forced to lug around the large one in my purse until I could get a new travel version one. So after about 2 long weeks the new one arrived and I couldn't believe my eyes! I had really worn out my old one you see by refilling it over and over. This new one is just beautiful. Take a look for yourself, (old one on left if you couldn't tell)



About a month after I got the new one, my amazing husband found the old one deep in the hide-a-bed part of our couch. I'm not attached to the old one, it's his now!

kind of a funny coincidence.. remember the scene in Napoleon Dynamite when he calls home from school asking if some one can bring him his chapstick?? yeah, i did that...junior year... way before the movie and before cell phones and yea... I told you I can't live without it! My mother, who knows the tragedy of being without Camphor, kindly brought it to me in my second period class. Thanks again mom!

4 comments:

Angela* said...

haha, I totally remember you using that! Mothers are so nice huh. :)

Cody said...

Camphor application is one of my nightly rituals.

Rob and Ash said...

JADE!!! Awesome you have a blog!! I have one too, but it's private so send me your email and i'll add you to it!! my email is reddhead123@msn.com and my blog address is ashleyandrobertlee.blogspot.com

Shumfolks said...

Camphor addiction.....now it's forever engraved in the annals of Shumway family history...funny stuff! That's three generations as far as I know. If the Watkins Company ever goes out of business, our lips will be toast....literally!
Love you JaderBugs and thanks for the smile!