Tuesday, June 23, 2015

simple pleasures

So, we moved.  A lot of good things are happening for us right now.  It seems like we are being overly blessed and I'm not sure we deserve it!  We talked to a realtor about short selling our old home and we are still working on that process.  It is totally scary because it pretty much ruins your credit for like 3 years.  So, before our credit took a hit, we decided we should probably move into a nice new place that we want.  We found a great town home in Springville a few doors down from John's sister.  She has 4 kids that just adore EZ.  They spend a lot of time at their Dad's though so we knew we weren't going to be bombarded with visitors!  (So far it's been perfect)  The house has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.  It's a little too big but oh my it is nice!  Having more than enough space to store things has been wonderful.  We also have a garage!  I just find myself feeling happy all the time.  I just walk around my new home admiring everything about it!  We just got cable, internet, and a washer & dryer all on the same day.  It was like Christmas!  I love being able to do my laundry in my own home!  It's the small and simple things right?  I think living in that other place for so long made me value life's little pleasures!  Ooh like air conditioning!

Ready to move!

We also knew we'd want to get a new car in like a year but agreed we should also get it now while we have the credit to do so.  We expect our family to grow and so, we got a minivan.  It's a 2008 Honda Odyssey.  It's way nice and I feel a little spoiled driving it around with just one munchkin in the back.  But, it's proven very useful for transporting things!  Pictures to come...

On moving day some friends from our ward generously helped us move and expressed interest in buying our old place!  They have been looking for a rental property for their kids and it is so close to their house and everything... it would be really cool if that worked out!  We are hopeful and trying to do our part in making it happen and happen quickly.  The fewer missed payments we have, the less of a hit our credit will take.

I was about to throw out that box when I turned around to find him sitting in it... I guess he wanted to keep it a little longer!

Well I'm taking EZ to Arizona for the 4th of July.  He is finally going to meet my oldest sister and her family.  John was scheduled to work so he can't go.  We are flying and will be gone almost a week!  It will be both happy to go visit family, but also sad to be away from daddy for a long time.  I hope EZ does okay!

Hmm what else?  I'm sure there is something but I just can't think of it right now.... well, stay tuned!  I'm sure there will be something exciting to tell next time!

0 comments: