Thursday, August 20, 2015

Other summer adventures

So, besides all the Appendicitis drama, we've actually had a busy summer!  I've spent a lot of days with our cousins down the street.  EZ thinks we are going to see them every time I get him ready for the day or if our doorbell rings he always says, "cousins".  He's such a little cutie!  It's been so good for him to have them close by.  He is still such a shy kid but he's getting better.  A little bit ago it was one of the kid's birthdays.  We went out to the Springville resevoir to let the kids splash and play.  Their mom (my sister-in-law) rented kid sized paddle boards and kayak's and tubes.  John, EZ and I didn't get too far in the water because we still don't have a life vest and John couldn't get his arm wet!  After a few hours of fun we headed home leaving the other kids to play for a while more.  As the day went on I realized I was sunburned, bad.  I had bought that spray on sunscreen a while ago and learned it is tricky to use.  Well, I thought I had learned that but I guess I still need practice with it because sure enough, I missed some spots.  It was a rough week of recovery.  Now I've got some goofy tan lines!

A few days later we went swimming again.  This time, in doors.  John and I took the kids to their grandparents place and we swam in their community pool.  They moved into a retirement village earlier in the summer.  It's a good change for them and they have nice perks, like a clubhouse!  Afterwards we did dinner and s'mores.  Our niece Morgan made me the best toasted marshmallow.  So good that I felt it worthy enough to blog about.  She's got skills.  Although, I played her in a game of checkers that night and I beat her!  But I'm 31 and she's 11.  We were fairly matched.  She had beat John after all!



John recently had his 34th birthday.  How crazy is that?  When did all these years start passing us by?  I made him a nice breakfast, we went to church, then over to his sister Kathy's house for dinner and dessert.  It was a good day.  John's been wanting all the Muppet movies for a while now so I told him to choose the ones he wanted and that we'd get that for him for his birthday.  I was going to surprise him but, it didn't exactly work out that way.  He still never got me anything for my birthday!  I did get myself some new clothes though so that's okay!

We also decided to try potty training.  I knew I couldn't do it on my own and since John wasn't going back to work for a while, we attempted the worst of it together.  We sorta did our own version of the 3-day method.  We started one day after EZ had a nap.  He had one accident where he completely peed through his underwear.  The next one was about half and half.  He started going but finished on the potty.  The third time I noticed just a drip on his underwear so I rushed him to the potty and he went just fine.  Then the fourth time he announced that he had to go and went successfully on the potty.  I was blown away at the progress.  The next day was a different story.  He had many accidents and many successes.  About half way through the day after that we were talking about how he is sorta stuck and not making much more progress.  We decided to get some of our life back and just put him in pull ups when we want to go out of the house or whenever.  Some days he does really well and rarely pees in his pull up.  He seems to be getting better and better.  I absolutely hate cleaning messes so we still put him in pull ups at night and for nap time.  I'm not sure when he will be totally ready for just underwear, but he is making progress and I'm so thrilled about that!  I really want him trained before the new baby arrives.

New baby!  I had my ultrasound today and everything looks great!  I really truly thought I was having a girl.  I mean, I was consistent with all the wives-tales for a girl and yet, it's a boy!  There was no denying that!  We were there about one hour while the tech talked us through everything he was checking.  He confirmed many great things and I couldn't help but feel proud to be making such a perfect little person!  We got lots of pictures and even a DVD of the experience.  Pretty neat!


 This summer we've gone to Thanksgiving Point a lot, been to the splash pad and the library, fed the nearby farm animals, gone swimming, spent a lot of time with family, bought a dining table, gone to 2 movies (Ant Man & Mission Impossible), had friends over for good food, got Netflix, had both my brother's and their families stop by for visits, been to Ikea, been to birthday parties, music classes, and just lots of other silly daily things.  One thing I am starting to really want to get back into is exercising.  I have not been good this pregnancy, especially since we moved into our new house.  We still need to sell our old house... but it'll happen.  I'm grateful fall is approaching.  I'm tired of the heat, and I even have air conditioning!  Once fall is really here, it will just be closer to baby time!  I'm also grateful that we won't have to buy any boy stuff.  I'm excited to use all my old boy stuff!  I'm starting to ramble, my thoughts are everywhere.  I'm sure I didn't cover everything, there was a lot going on ya know!!  Time for me to get back to it-






0 comments: