Thursday, December 3, 2015

Just killin' time

I'm still surviving everyone, don't worry.  I don't want to talk about my pregnancy right now because there are plenty of other things I should be documenting.  For example, Ezekiel.  This kid is so awesome.  He is learning like crazy and he says things that I didn't even know he'd ever heard before.  He is pretty smart and just a sweet sweet boy.  There were a couple of times recently where we've gotten after him for doing something wrong or whatever and have been firm in our voices.  I mean, we are trying to teach him right from wrong.  Anyway, the last couple of times though, his little heart just broke and his face scrunched up and he would try not to cry but he couldn't help it.  That precious look on his face breaks my heart!  It is so hard to be a parent sometimes.  When that sweet little face shows you his feelings are truly hurt, you just want to do everything you can to make it better.  So much emotion!  Since these break downs I've let up my stern voice and just try explaining with a little impact.  It's been better.  He often will just apologize over and over but even that gets hard to hear sometimes.  I guess we are learning this together!  Anyway, here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately.

When I got out the Christmas stuff, EZ remembered this singing/dancing Christmas light-up tree and he was obsessed all day.  I love this picture because he would just lay right on the floor and watch it close up.


 EZ likes to take a different toy or something with him everywhere he goes.  He was making the funniest faces to this giraffe toy, but of coarse stopped when I started taking pictures.  He still loves those sunglasses too.

He is starting to get a silly sense of humor.  This is a pair of underwear he kept putting over his head.  He knew he looked funny and he was totally posing for the camera!

  
A day at Grandma and Grandpa's

We've been watching a lot of TV lately because I just don't have the energy to do much else.  I love how into his shows he gets.  He will sit on an uncomfortable floor surrounded by toys and just freeze there.  

My amazing husband built EZ an activity table.  We were looking into getting him one for Christmas but they are expensive.  Plus, we didn't love anything out there so John and his Dad made one.  It's perfect because it is solely made to get messy.  If I had spent a lot of money on something nice, I'd always be nagging at EZ not to draw on it or crash toys into it.  With this table, he's free to do it all!  The bottom white part is also a dry erase board.  The small top table is a chalk board.  


 Once again John did the "No-Shave-November" this year.  I still don't think he looks that great with a full beard but I supported him in doing it.
 

  He started to shave it off and came out with this.  Neither of us could explain how we felt about it so he decided he would keep it for a day or two and see if it grows on us...  It definitely is a different look for him.  What do you think?

Well November flew by and I couldn't be happier about it.  Hopefully the first half of December goes by quickly too.  The last few weeks of pregnancy are so hard, just waiting for baby to make their appearance.  What a lesson on patience, am I right?  Hopefully my next post will be a baby one!

0 comments: