Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Mother's Day Surprise!!

We took a spontaneous trip to Arizona to surprise my Mom for Mother's Day.  John happened to be off for the weekend and he had the idea and we ran with it!  Well, we drove.  First we went to Las Vegas to visit my newest nephew.  We stayed one night with my brother's family and then headed to AZ the next day.  I arranged things with my Dad ahead of time to make sure they would be home.  It all worked out well and my Mom was so surprised!  Here's EZ as we were taking off.

We picked up a bouquet of flowers and had EZ stand at the front door with them.  It took a few minutes for her to come to the door but when she did she kept saying, "Oh My Goodness!!!"  She was so happy that it scared EZ a little bit!  We did try to prep him before hand... he warmed up quickly enough.  My Dad came through the door in rollerblades and when asked he said, "I bought them 20 years ago at a garage sale and never wore them.."  Haha, classic!



 They really have the best toys and interesting things to do!  This little car was a big hit!  Here's Bruce almost falling off as he hit the gas!

 


Cool helmet!
 Dinner at Pizza Hut.  We nearly had the place to ourselves so the boys found it necessary to make it their own!

 Park time! 


 Some more cool toys were these soft Hulk hands.  They make sounds when hit and the boys loved running around hitting things, including each other.  Here's EZ being super serious and then very happy!
At the end of the day when we had just gone to bed (the kids were in the same room as us) EZ says, "this was the best day ever!!"  Made me feel so good.  At 4 years old, going to a park, a restaurant, and playing with new toys makes any day a great day!

 Distractions at church!

 He just looked so cute squatting in the grass!  

 More outdoor fun! 



Too much fun wares us out!  Well, it wares out some people... I love the story that you see develop in these pictures.  

 

 Making chocolate dipped strawberries!  What a great treat!  

I realized afterwards that I got almost no pictures of the adults... total fail.  But we had a good time too!  It was so nice to get away for a bit and just be home.  Even though I never lived in this house of my parents, it's still nice to feel home when I'm with them!  A trip to remember for sure!  Happy Mother's Day!

0 comments: