Monday, December 17, 2018

Summer stuff part 2

My birthday was pretty low key this year, but super fun.  I had been waiting for the re-release of Nintendo Entertainment System's Classic Edition.  30 old school games like all the Mario Bros., Bubble Bobble, Ninja Gaiden, Punch Out, Gradius and more!  I think I played a total of 5 hours the day I got it.  Happy Birthday to me!  Then my brother and his family were in Phoenix for the weekend so I went down with my Dad and celebrated with them and my Sister and Brother-in-law and my Mom.  We got my brother the same gaming system for his birthday too!  John and my boys stayed behind but prepared a nice breakfast for dinner for me.  I drove back up with my sister-in-law and my nephews who stayed with us for the night.  I always love it when my boys get time to spend with their cousins.  Lots of boys here!  I wish these get togethers could happen a little more frequently.  


 
 

EZ lost another tooth!  I think that's number 4.  Totally cute Kindergarten smile, at least that's what everyone was saying.  Also, check out John mowing our lawn.  First time we've had a lawn of our own to take care of.  It's nice having my parents house as a way of adjusting to taking care of a home.  Also, look at those clouds!
 

EZ started Kindergarten!  He rides the bus to and from school and he loves it!  It was a little hard at first, apparently it was quite loud.  But he made friends and he enjoys it now.  Here's Bruce getting in on the fun of getting your picture taken.  Also I don't know why, but I always take a second day of school picture too.  So, the other outfit is his second day. 


John started working as a nurse at a care facility and we sure miss him when he's gone.  Especially after so many weeks of being home.  It took a long time for his nursing license to get transferred and approved and sent out in Arizona.  We had a lot of down time for a while.  But, we kept ourselves pretty entertained.  Here is Bruce with his toy he refers to as: Captain American Flag.  He's so cute!

 John's birthday was pretty low key too.  Maybe that's how it goes the older you get.  But we surprised him with some fun cards, balloons, and gifts!  We also went out to eat!

Here are the boys still enjoying the summer.  It stayed warm for a long time.  I always thought this area was a lot like Utah, just not as much snow.  But we had beautiful days clear into November.  Still not really any snow.. but back to August! 
 
Actually September.  Over Labor Day weekend my other brother and his family came for a visit.  We go to the very small parade and just hang out.  Again, I love it when my kids get time with their cousins.  I never really had that in my childhood and to this day can't even name all my cousins.  So, I appreciate these moments and always want them to occur more often.  These girls are adorable!  In the last one, she found a frog and was just so excited.  She may have squeezed him to death with all the excitement!  Ha ha!
 


After another long waiting process, John was finally able to take his Nurse Practitioner test and he passed!  I busted out the poster from his Graduation and put it up for him to come home to.  When you've got a cool poster, you use it as often as you can!  He was basically jumping for joy.  After nearly 3 years of hard hard HARD work, it paid off!  He just amazes me sometimes. 

This picture of Bruce is precious!  Sometimes he just wants to be big and be a helper.  Here he is doing his part to bring in the groceries.  It's actually impressive how strong he is! 

We signed EZ up for soccer!  He lost interest the longer it went on.  He's not an aggressive kid and doesn't do super great in large groups.  He's the kid that will get out of the way or stand back and let the others take action.  It was a good learning experience for him though.  He had fun and learned some team building skills.  Not sure we'll do it next year... but probably.  There isn't much to do so we gotta take opportunities when they come.  We did run into some old friends and made new ones at the games so it was well worth it!  Don't you love the thumbs down picture?  



Thanks for reading!  I hope to stay more up to date because my memory is fresher and I can explain better what was going on and how we felt about it.  But something is better than nothing right?  At least this is for me and that's all I really care about! Ha!

0 comments: