Tuesday, February 12, 2019

September

These two are already getting excited for Halloween!  EZ fits better in his Optimus Prime costume this year and Bruce fits perfectly in the Superman costume that we have.  I think it would be cute to get Bruce a Bumblebee costume to match EZ.  We'll see.


Our best friends from Utah planned a trip to see the Grand Canyon and also visit us.  We're about 3 hours away still but close enough right?  We decided to take the day and see it with them.  What a site to behold.  It was quite remarkable and pictures just don't do it justice.  Here are some anyhow. 

 

Daredevil John... doesn't it make you so nervous?

 

 

On our way home we stopped at a gas station and saw these amazing geodes.  Again, pictures don't do them justice.  They were so sparkly!
 
The next day we went to Holbrook to check out the petrified wood shop.  It's pretty amazing what earth can shape into.  The kids mostly liked the dinosaurs out front.  I'm not sure why they are there, but still fun to look at.
 
 
So sad to say goodbye. 
 
EZ came in one day with a suspicious look on his face and he kept saying "Hi" to me and waiting for me to notice something.  When I asked him what was up, he said he'd found some scissors and gave himself a haircut.  Now, I'm a hairdresser and do not leave scissors out!  I've seen the damage that can do over and over again.  EZ went into my bathroom and opened a drawer that did have some scissors in it and he snipped the front of his hair.  It wasn't really that bad but I had to document! 
 
Snuggle time!

Our apple tree produced SO many apples this year.  My parents claim it has never grown so many before.  It was a rainy summer though so we attribute that to it.  We had to give many away and there were lots that fell off because we couldn't get to them enough.  Bruce would chow them down too, usually more than one at a time.  They were smallish after all.  We also planted some squash in the back yard and it was impressive how big those things can grow.  We couldn't eat it enough to keep up.  It was really nice not having to buy them though so I think we'll try again next season.  We just need to learn how to garden!  It's a project I should do but also want to be lazy and not do!

Trying to finish up the year and get back on track.. more to come!

0 comments: