Friday, July 26, 2019

A Christmas post plus a bit more giving and receiving

So yeah, I'm behind.  But I'm here trying to make it happen!  We stayed home this Christmas and had a super nice chill day.  Bruce woke up a little grumpy but once I started dumping presents in his lap, he got over it pretty fast.  EZ got spoiled with Mario stuff.  He got a Mario Bros. pillowcase and bed spread, bath shampoo and wash with Toad loofah, and the Super Mario party game for the switch.  Sadly, I don't recall much about the day.. except that John started feeling super sick about half way through and stayed in bed most the day.  I on the other hand made my first ever solo Christmas dinner.  We had ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, and Martinelli's.  Okay so hand-made is a bit over stated.  I did prep and bake it all myself.  It was delicious! 

 
 


Some more pics of things in January.. painting my boys toe nails because they want to participate with Mom when I do mine!  Shopping at a store and EZ loving the decorations and wanting a pic with the cute characters.  Bruce being stinking cute and silly.  Then Bruce falling asleep while watching a movie on the couch and EZ thinking he needs to photo bomb the moment!
 
 
My home salon!  John and I had talked about putting in a salon in our laundry/storage room area because when my parents had it built, they installed it to have the ability to turn into another kitchen, if ever they wanted to continue to add on...  So, I already had water hook ups for a sink and a gazillion outlets.  It did need more lighting and decor because it's a pretty unattractive room.  Plus it has all my parents food storage in it which had to be moved.  I didn't take any before pics but it was pretty major.  Boxes of food pilled 10 or more high as well as large shelves with cans and cans of food.  A freezer that had to be relocated and lots to do.  What made it become a reality is that I happened to find someone local selling their home salon equipment for a great price.  Apparently the girl only had her place for a short time then got married and moved away.  So, she really just needed the stuff gone.  So, I got my styling chair, sink w/ chair, and hair dryer chair as well as cabinets and two great mirrors for about $450.  If I had to buy all this new, it would have cost as least double, if not triple.  Plus it's all in good shape!  So here's the process, first we moved everything on the walls out of the way.  Then we bought counter top and installed it.  Then we had a plumber come out to hook up and bolt the sink down. Then we had the cabinet to hang up over the other cabinet.  (Did I mention the cabinets just happened to fit exactly in the space that we wanted them in?) Then adding some lights.  Then added decor.  So, the washer/dryer and the freezer you see are my parents, as well as the all those food/storage shelves.  We went with beachy type decor because we already had a lot of that stuff.  Between my mom's love of beach and my love of sailing stuff, it turned out pretty well!  It has been so fun to do hair again.  Plus it's totally recreational.  We didn't do it to make money.  I spent about another $500 on everything else that went into it and I've almost made back what I put into it.  So, from here on out it's our Disneyland fund!  My dream is to go for my 40th birthday.  (In about 5 years when the kids are old enough to enjoy and appreciate and while John and I are young enough to still enjoy it!  None of us have ever been..)  Plus once both my kids are in school I'll have more time available to do hair.  It's been a little challenging to find the right time now so I haven't advertised too much.  Plus I need to get certified to have a home business, which I'm working on.  I love having it and I'm so grateful to my husband who worked so hard to build it and supported me and helped me to achieve my passion. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments: