Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches..

When summer comes to an end and school starts up again, it's always a love/hate relationship.  I'm happy to have my kids getting busy again and out of the house regularly.  But I'm also bummed that our lazy freedom gets cut short.  These first few pics are us getting shakes at Sonic.  Taking silly pictures is a great way to kill some time while we wait for our shakes!  



While on the phone with my Mom one day, Bruce burst in wearing nothing but his underwear and holding a little toy gun.  I put the phone on speaker and we said goodbye to my Mom.  Bruce proceeded to say, "I love you... with a gun" and we got the biggest kick out of it!  He continues to add on things when he says, I love you.  ...with a kiss ...with a jump  ...with a candy  ...with all of you!


Playing around and look, we got a pet fish!  Since our dog died, John has been on the hunt for a new pet.  I jumped the gun and got a low-maintenance easy pet fish!  Hopefully he can't fight me on that for a while.  I see the benefit to having pets... I just don't want them myself.  Another love/hate relationship..

Remember our peach trees?  Yeah, they are getting BIG!  Branches laying on the ground.  Peaches growing like crazy!!  Check it out... oh and lots of peach cobbler, yum!



Ah First day of school!!  EZ starting 1st grade and Bruce starting Pre-school.  They were both so excited!  I was too, but it still freaks me out to send my kids away... I wonder if I'll ever get used to it.
 

John had a birthday!  I thought I had more pictures but I don't!  I must have taken a lot on Father's Day but not much on his birthday.  He started his new job just a few days before and it's going well so far.  They treat him like he's actually important!  He said it's awesome and super weird at the same time.  "People call me sir!"  Then here's Bruce and EZ playing around.  I love catching them in the act.  Just to show what their day to day life is like. 



Let's get back to the peaches.  We never did count how many because there was just too many.  My guess is at least 1,000 if not 2,000.  There were so many we just couldn't get to them fast enough.  Too many fell and got mushy.  I cut up and froze more than I can remember and we gave hundreds away.  We even begged people to take them for us, it was so crazy.  My parents were so jealous.  These trees never produced like this for them before.  You'll see in that photo near the end just how heavy the branches got.  That one split!  We had several wood planks placed to help take the weight of the branches.  Although, the winds blow insanely here and they fell almost daily.  It was a job!  I'll tell you that much.  But a job with great reward!!



My sister and her husband came for a visit!  He is such a handy man and jumped into the peach calamity.  He cut the split branch for us and several boards to use for propping up the weighted branches.  They both helped pick up the rotten ones off the ground too.  Can you see the top of his head barely over that huge branch he took away, in the last pic?




My kids took these first 2 pictures, plus several other blurry ones I didn't care to post.  My silly sister took my menu board into her own hands and left me a silly surprise.  She's even a vegetarian.  Ha! I love the last picture of her playing a card game with my youngest.  They don't have any kids so they don't get annoyed with the constant attention seeking maniacs that kids are.  Plus we don't see each other all that often so it's fun to be around little ones.  We had a great visit with them and can't wait to see them again!
 

0 comments: