Monday, January 31, 2022

Fall is coming

First day back to school pictures. Bruce is starting Kindergarten! EZ is starting 3rd grade, in person!  Last year we did online school but now it is time for him to go back to regular school.  We are taking the risk and letting our kids be exposed to whatever illnesses come our way. (..and boy did they!  They both missed about a week of school right at the beginning.  EZ even missed the second and third days!)


I drove them to and from school on the first day, but on my way to pick them up, I came across a chicken crossing the road!  Now, it's a small town and not an unlikely thing to see.. but it made me laugh so I had to get some pictures.  Don't ask me why they crossed, they just did!  A funny side note, EZ forgot I was picking him up and he rode the bus home!  


One of Bruce's first assignments asks for a picture of him.  I took several, hoping to get a cute one that would be fun to look back on over the years and well... I guess these are cute in their own ways!


He gets so excited for school to start.  He goes in the afternoons and those mornings of waiting around sure can get long!  Thankfully it's still warm out and we can enjoy waiting outside for the bus.


Nature.  Lovely and bright rainbow.  Then sadly the last day the splash pad was open, a dead branch fell from the tree and fell onto this person's car.  What are the odds that she happened to park in that exact spot?  So wild!  Her doors would not open, her roof was crushed..  I didn't know her so I don't know what ended up happening but it was sad to see.  Thankfully it was just a car that took the blow and not a person!


This post should be titled, the many faces of Bruce!  Every time I ask to get a picture, he gives me so many different poses, it's hard to stop from taking more and more!  
 

Cuddle time!  So EZ is doing okay in school, not as good as we'd hoped.  I blame myself for not being a great home school teacher.. but I know he'll catch up once he's decided he wants to really try.  Plus, he's not the only kid struggling this year.  It's a weird time for the world and we're all just doing our best.  He did discover the Dog Man books, as well as the Captain Underpants series, and he absolutely loves them!  He won't claim he enjoys reading, but once he starts, he doesn't want to quit!  

October already!  Where has the time gone?  We took a trip down to the valley to visit our friends (from the last post) and to soak up the warm sun a bit longer.  It was so much fun!  We love getting out of the country and back to civilization!  Restaurants, stores, paved roads, you name it!!  


We drove home in the early evening and it just happened to be during sunset that we drove through the rim.  Arizona has the most beautiful skies!  These pictures don't really do it any justice.  We were in a moving car, taking pics through the window.  But still, I'm glad I have these to look back on.  



Now we're on to Halloween!!

0 comments: