Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Thanksgiving 2021

This year my family all planned to come to Taylor for Thanksgiving.  Then, life happened for some of us.  Traveling, jobs, sickness, you name it!  Both my brothers were able to come, one with his 3 kids, and the other with 4 of his 7 kids.  So, yes I was the only wife, but that didn't really matter.  We had a blast!  To prepare for the holiday fun, we set up our Christmas tree before everyone arrived.  




The kids had a pretty epic nerf gun war.  Each kid had their own gun!  The way this house is laid out, makes for a great chase!  I found bullets around the house for weeks!  

So, just about everyone helped with the food!  It was my first time ever cooking a turkey!  I think it turned out okay... pretty much everything was delicious!  We had it all!!








We played lots of games.  I love love love family game time!  So much laughter, such great memories!





The next day we went to the Petrified National Forest.  It is definitely worth seeing, if you happen to be close to the area.  It was about an hour's drive with several places to pull over and explore.  All the big kids went climbing, but not my boys.  They were very timid, but as time went on and they pushed themselves beyond their comfort zone, they got more daring and interested in exploring!  The weather was perfect too!











The next day we had some delicious sourdough pancakes!  The dads/uncles had a big wrestling party with all the kiddos.  One family left that night and the other early the next morning.  Everything was so wonderful!  I wish we lived closer and these cousins knew each other better.  There are so many boys on my side!  







Thanks for coming, I miss you already!

0 comments: